- Stop washing your hair so much! Every other day will suffice. If you really want to grow long hair, dare to shower only 3 times a week. This will help you to maintain your hairs natural oils, which will keep your hair looking shiny and healthy. If you have very oily roots, you can fix that by simply using a dry shampoo. Make sure if you do use dry shampoo that you pick a good one!
- Don’t use heat! This is probably one of the most difficult tips to follow, but you will see a difference once you stop using heat on your hair. You want to let your hair air dry as often as you can. I like to braid it before I go to sleep, or spray it with Sea Salt Spray so I wake up with beachy waves the next morning. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, 4-Ounce Bottle works the best for all hair types and it smells fantastic!
- Get rid of your split ends! It’s super important to trim your hair when you are growing it out. You don’t want long hair that is full of split ends, you want healthy strong, and beautiful hair. So, don’t skip that 6 month trim, unless your ends are strong and healthy.
- Drink water! This is a very obvious tip. Keeping your body hydrated will help to hydrate your hair. Water is good for so many things! Try to drink at least 8 glasses a day and avoid beverages that will dehydrate you.
- Try the pill! The Biotin pill that is. Spring Valley – Biotin 5000 mcg, Super Potency, 120 Softgels is great for not only you hair, but it also promotes healthy skin and nail growth. I know many people who this has really worked for. However, if you have acne prone skin, I wouldn’t suggest it because it can cause breakouts.
- Let your hair down! Avoid tight ponies and buns. You don’t want rubber bands to damage your hair and ruin all the progress that you have made.
- Massage your scalp! This is something that I thought was ridiculous, but my hair dresser of 5 years told me that it really is true. If you massage your scalp for just a few minutes in the shower it will increase blood flow to the scalp and stimulate hair growth.
- Stop dying your hair! Chemicals will ruin your hair! If you must dye it, then try using henna. It can work wonders, without killing your hair. It is also beneficial to use really good shampoos and conditioners. Try to find those without sulfates, as these can really harm your hair as well.
If all else fails and you still cannot grow long beautiful hair, then buy some extensions! Extensions look great on everyone. They come in such a wide variety of colors, that there is no way you won’t be able to find a match. I have two favorites. I like Secret Extensions as a cheaper everyday set of extensions and I like Luxy Hair as a more expensive set for special occasions.