1) Use a shampoo that lathers less. Sometimes sudsy doesn’t necessarily mean clean, it means the opposite. Shampoos that lather too much are often overloaded with moisturizing products, which can leave build-up in your hair, making it look and feel dirtier quicker. So opt for a sulfate-free formula and have cleaner hair longer.
2) Once your hair has split the damage is done and will require you to get a hair cut, so protect it by keeping it moisturized. Try using a leave-in conditioner especially if you are out in the sun.
3) Brushing the hair properly cleanses and stimulates the scalp and distributes your natural oils along the entire hair shaft, which in turn will keep the hair soft and shiny..
4) Nothing beats the feeling of freshly-washed hair, but many times the thought of blow-drying can be a deterrence. Don’t have time to blow dry? Let your hair air dry instead. The good news is that when your hair dries naturally it’s much stronger than when a blow dryer is used. The oil from your scalp helps hair look shinier too.
5) If you are using a straighter to straighten your hair, make sure that you use it carefully and rarely. If it is used too often, there are chances of your hair being damaged. Before straightening your hair with an iron, make sure that you have dried your hair completely! When the hair is wet, it is fragile and more prone to breakage.
6) Brush dry hair before washing to loosen dirt and remove knots. Smooth locks before washing means less tangles after washing when your hair is wet and at its most fragile.
7) Don’t have time to wash your hair today? Try some dry shampoo or baby powder to soak up the oil in your roots. You’ll save yourself an entire shampoo and blow dry event.
8) Before blowdrying towel dry your hair. Do NOT rub your hair with the towel as the friction causes split ends, frizzy dryness and generally does a lot of damage. Instead, gently wrap the towel around your hair and squeeze, like blotting the water out of your hair.
9) Don’t EVER dry until your whole head is completely dry – you need to leave in some moisture, so your hair won’t dry out, and become frizzy or damaged.
10) The easiest way to change your hair is not to die it or professionally have it done. All you need to do is change your part. Doing so will change your look and have you turning heads!